Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Devil Came Down to Las Olas

I found this little gem of a venue by accident. The Atmosphere Lounge looks to be one of the chillest spots in Las Olas.

To be honest, I haven't formally had an opportunity to check it out, but I will be 9 p.m. Saturday March 8. Why?

Well besides $2.50 beers, which is always a plus, Los Diablos is playing.

Now I've never heard these guys, but from the noise on their Myspace, well, I'll bite. Especially for free. It wasn't just the sound, it's their whole Web presentation.

They note they're influences as:
summer months in county jails...
eviction notices...
liner notes of every 70's record our folks ever had...
late night breakdowns...
6 a.m. jobs...
dirt roads...
southern skies...
busted hearts...
All things that I dig and can relate to.

Jake Cline, City Link editor, explains in their "About me section,"
the music of Los Diablos is bracingly authentic, from the high-lonesome cry of Stankus’ steel guitar to Dubin’s penitential, open-wound songwriting.
I couldn't have said it better Mr. Cline, so I won't try.

No comments: