Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Resolve to see Them on Their Home Turf

"I wanna see you dance, man!" He said after busting out some crazy robot move to The Resolvers sweet and truly reggae sound.
"I'm not there yet man," I pointed out, bobbing my head and mixing my 7-on-7 with a cocktail straw.
There was a awkward moment between he and I.
"I'm so fucking high man, I can't see straight," he reassured me.
All I could do was smile.
It was a perfect scene at Kahuna's, arriving late to The Resolvers weekly Sunday afternoon show. I parked at 7:15 p.m. I should have parked at the meters across the street to avoid the $10 parking robbery next to the bar.

I ordered a 7-on-7, which was proper as the band began to play a dub-style Pink Floyd tune. The place -- that, the Resolvers had played every Sunday for almost two years -- was full of friendly people and beautiful girls.

You could throw a rock into the ocean from the front door of the bar, it's the kind of place I'd expect to catch a really great reggae band; it's a gift they play they weekly.

Come check out my new Sunday hangout, I promise you'll like it.

No comments: