Wednesday, February 6, 2008

How Long Have I Been Legal For?

I remember seeing The Int'l Language for the first and only time on my 21st Birthday, April 13, 2007. Obviously, it was a Friday, but I was lucky enough to see them.

I walked into Dada and took a seat at the bar. The bartender (they're really nice at Dada) asked me what I wanted. Having never ordered from a bar, I responded, "To get drunk."

She mixed me a proper Long Island Ice Tea; The Int'l Language must have been taking a break because as she hands it to me Bob Rich's Sax blasts a real sweet sound right behind me. I turned around, drank my first legal drink and watched them play, and it was great.

I haven't seen or heard of them since then, but then I stumbled (literally) upon a flyer that says they're playing at Dada Feb. 15 at 10:30 p.m. So check it out.

No comments: